Thursday, April 1, 2010

Baseball and Birthdays

Today is my 16th birthday and what a great present MLB brings me every year around this time: Opening Day and the Regular Season.

We have all waited months for baseball to start back up again and I am super excited. We've got new players, a renewed attitude to win the division without an extra game, and, SI rated the Twins to be #1 in the Central Divison (Yeaaaahhhh!)

I was looking at all the new players in each of the teams and I didn't even realize how many NY Yankees were traded/not signed this offseason. Heideki Matsui, Johnny Damon, Melky Cabrera, etc. I couldn't believe it! And, we won't have to deal with pestery Polonco anymore in Detroit :).

~Spring Training stuff and Pre-Season thoughts~

1. I am pissed that Tolbert won't be up in the Majors to start the year.

2. Slowey is going to ROCK

3. Peterson, Revere, and Portes are going to be awesome in the future.

4. Nathan...well, that sucks. Stupid Elbows...

5. Twins beating the Yanks in Spring Training CAN and WILL carry over to the regular season

6. Yay Orlando Hudson and J.J. Hardy!...and Thome I guess :)
7. Punto/Harris at 3rd: So hard! If Punto could just get some spark in his bat he would have that spot so fast! Kudos to Harris however, he has been swinging the bat really well this Spring

8. Mijares still scares me a little.

9. Rauch...he's tall!
10. Outside Spring ball to Outside Summer ball for the first time in a LONG time! Hoorah!

Lets start of the season well...expecially in the new stadium. I sure hope the Gophers didn't curse it!



This is for Harris :)

0 comments:

 
SEO Services